Depression Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autism and ADHD

Go down

Autism and ADHD Empty Autism and ADHD

Post by Sessy Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:51 am

One thing people who read this forum will see, is that I talk about my kids a lot. I have two children living with me as well as a 16 yr old son who lives with my parents, though I am in his life constantly and still play the role of a parent even though he lives apart from us. We had hoped that with the purchase of the new house, that my oldest child would move back in, but right now due to other circumstances, everyone involved thought it would be best to give it more time.
My eight year daughter has Autism. She isn't what some may think of when they hear that word, especially if you have watched Rainman. Every single person with Autism is uniquely different in their own way. You can't compare them to others. As time goes on I will paint a more vivid picture of my daughter, her limitations, her accomplishments and the joy that comes from being the parent of such a special child. There are also bad times but trust me when I say that the good far outweigh the bad.
My youngest on the other hand, well, lol I love him to pieces but he is a tiny nightmare wrapped up in an adorable package lol My 6 year old has ADHD and it is very difficult dealing with a child like that. He is hyper active, disruptive, loud, so energetic. I seems like he never stops and I lack the energy to keep up with him. But, he is also very intelligent, and so very loving. He is sensitive and sweet and we have an amazing relationship despite his behavioral problems. That is just something which I find I have to deal with when being a parent of children with special needs. Every situation is different. Every child special and unique. It takes a lot of patience, love, and understanding to deal with but we do, because we have to.
Sessy
Sessy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum